Can I get success in my life and work by doing yoga and pranayam?
Ultimate aim of yoga is to get salvation and get united with the supreme intelligence or God. Yoga asana and pranayama is one of the methods to fine tune your mind and body to such a level that meditation becomes possible. But most of the people are not interested in yoga for salvation but just for improving the quality of life and get better health.
Now you may consider the following benefits of yoga which will help you to achieve success:
1. Yoga helps you to conserve energy. You eat small portions of nutritious food, so spend less energy in digestion. You speak less, so save energy.
2. You do not argue, do not envy others, do not get angry and do not get disturbed by success of others.
3. You will keep good health and productivity will be more.
4. Yoga improves memory and concentration.
5. Yoga ensures you get a good nights sleep and keeps you relaxed for planning and executing your work.
Yoga will help you to stay focussed in your life and career. If I can stay healthy, earn a decent living, take care of my family and do something for society, that is what I consider success.